Community Outreach Manager
Community Outreach Manager
Resource Innovations is seeking a Community Outreach Manager to join our team in Peoria / Chicago, Illinois. This position will be working in a dynamic environment to support the implementation of large scale energy efficiency programs in Illinois. The successful candidate will: develop, negotiate and manage subcontract agreements; collaborate with community organizations and leaders; develop short and long-term coordination plans to effectively engage and monitor the participation of community-based organizations; hold community-based organizations accountable to metrics and goals, tracking and monitoring progress; actively lead community-based program implementation activities; develop trusted relationships with clients, industry, stakeholders, and program contacts; and respond to client requests. The candidate may also manage a distributed team of outreach staff. The Community Outreach Manager must be able to manage outreach and implementation plans in a rapidly changing environment. He or she must be able to maneuver quickly between market and stakeholder coordination, and closely collaborating with the internal project team. This position requires excellent community outreach, communication, organization and team collaboration skills. This person will have the ability to provide recommendations, strategies and solutions to effectively redirect the team or project approach in response to new knowledge or unexpected events and circumstances that emerge.
• Develop, manage, and foster partnerships with subcontractors, community groups, and other industry affiliates/stakeholders.
• Manage and develop subcontractor implementation plans, including responsibility for developing work plans to meet goals, managing performance against participation targets, and providing accurate forecasting, developed in collaboration with subcontractors, both internally and to clients.
• Leverage relationships with community groups to support program and develop continuous improvement plans
• Support the delivery of successful large-budget energy efficiency programs to utility client(s) per contract terms and program budgets.
• Identify, define, quantify, track and drive program deliverables specific to community-based organization outreach and participation to be submitted accurately and on time.
• Continuous assessment of subcontractor progress to goal and development of creative solutions to new issues or market dynamics.
• Support internal team’s management of client expectations, satisfaction, and communications.
• Support internal team’s management of client relationships, including participating in regular client meetings and acting as point of contact for specified client relationships.
• Represent Resource Innovations to clients and industry associations, including delivering presentations about the company’s services and opportunities.
• Utilize financial models and budgets to evaluate and manage projects and opportunities.
• Evaluate, edit, negotiate and monitor subcontracts to ensure compliance and timeliness.
• Resolve and/or escalate subcontractor issues.
• Monitor and manage subcontractors' deliverables, track progress and ensure performance.
• May include leading large and geographically dispersed teams.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Excellent project and program management skills
• Ability and experience in short and long-range planning and strategy
• Proficient in establishing job and work process flows
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task while consistently meeting deadlines with accuracy and within budget
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
• Positive, action-oriented attitude showing initiative and creativity
• Customer service focus
• Ability to collaborate well at all levels within an organization, and a team-player
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience in energy-efficiency or a related field
• Five-plus years of experience in project management and/or consulting, energy efficiency or utility experience highly desired
• Proven success in engaging external stakeholders and subcontractors, and developing and implementing project plans
• Interest in working with community groups and understanding their unique needs and priorities
• Ability to take full responsibility for projects from inception to close
• Contract development, negotiation, and management experience
• Successful background in developing influential strategic partnerships
• Proven track record of developing and retaining client relationships
• Ability to inspire and motivate others to accomplish their goals
• Ability to comprehend technical concepts and provide context for real-world application of project outcomes
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent presentation skills, including both speaking and writing
• Highest ethical standards
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools